HomeTrendingWoman Gets Deep Fried Towel Instead of Chicken at Restaurant

Woman Gets Deep Fried Towel Instead of Chicken at Restaurant

One day, Alique Perez ordered fried chicken and a drink from a local restaurant with a high rating. But when she opened the take-out container delivered to her door, she nearly fainted. 

What she saw inside wasn’t edible at all…

“We had Jollibee delivered via grab,” Perez wrote on Facebook. “Ordered chicken for my son. While I was trying to get him a bite, I found it super hard to even slice.”

When she examined the item further, she realized it was actually a blue towel. 

As you can imagine, Perez was furious when she realized what the restaurant staff had done. 

“Tried opening it up with my hands and, to my surprise, a deep-fried towel!” She recorded herself trying to pull apart what was clearly a blue rag covered in breadcrumbs and uploaded the footage on Facebook. 

“This is really disturbing…How the hell do you get the towel in the batter and even fry it!?!?” she wrote. 

“I really thought that the post complaining about weird stuff in their orders were just all made up. Now I know that it really happens!” Perez wanted the world to know just how horribly the staff at Jollibee treated their customers. 

“So disgusting and embarrassing… to think you’re even branched in BGC. There’s a first for everything. And this has been the worst first! Calming myself down for this… But WTH,” she continued. 

Perez was lucky to have discovered the towel before giving it to her son. But this wasn’t all she had to say about the Jollibee location. 

“Now I can’t even think of the other chickenjoys na kasama while frying this. Having the same oil for how many hours after frying this FRIED TOWEL,” she continued. 

“The essence of the towel contaminated the oil and the batter from the supplier, so how many chickenjoys are affected? We won’t know…” Perez also shared a photo of her receipt for the order, which cost around $9.70.

Her Facebook post had received more than 100,000 reactions. The location she ordered from was in a financial center in the Philippines, Bonifacio Global City. 

Jollibee has more than 1,300 branches worldwide, with 33 of them in the United States. But what did the company have to say about this horrible incident?

After the investigation, the branch closed its doors for three days to ”review its compliance with procedure.”

In a statement, Jollibee explained, ”This concerns the customer complaint on food ordered late evening of June 1 from a franchised store in Bonifacio Global City.”

“We are deeply concerned about this matter and have conducted a thorough investigation on the incident,” it posted online,” the company continued. 

“It is unfortunate that deviations from Jollibee’s standard food preparation procedures occurred on the part of certain personnel of the store.”

“As a result of this incident, we have directed the Jollibee Bonifacio – Stop Over branch to close for three days starting tomorrow, June 3, to thoroughly review its compliance with procedures and retrain its store team to ensure that this will not happen again,” the company added. 

“We will also send out reminders to all stores to ensure the strict adherence to Jollibee’s food preparation systems.”

People were disgusted by the photos of the fried towel.

 ”When will this madness stop!? Somebody needs to tighten up the quality control. I’ll never be able to look at a chickenjoy the same way again smh,” one Facebook user wrote. 

Perez says she will never be able to look at fast food the same way again. 

“The worst experience ever,” she wrote in her post. 

 She couldn’t understand how someone could’ve fried a towel by accident. 

Some people believe she should sue the company. “This is actually a good case for a lawsuit,” one Facebook user wrote. 

“Your health and other people’s health were compromised due to mishandling,” another person wrote. 

Another person wrote: “I wonder how Jollibee will spin this.” In her post, Perez didn’t explain whether she reached out to the company. But this wasn’t the first time someone discovered a “surprise” in their meal. 

In 2019, a UK couple discovered a human tooth in their box of Chinese takeout. 

It’s safe to say they will never be able to look at Chinese food the same way again…


Most Popular